- Part-time 20-30 hours per week
- Fun, collaborative team that looks out for each other
- Fast growing, innovative, creative environment
Wētā Workshop’s award-winning concept design and manufacturing facility has been making cool stuff for over 30 years, right here in Miramar, Wellington.
Applying our innovative artistry to the world’s creative industries we take on projects of any size, scope, or scale, from the earliest stages of creative development through to manufacture and delivery all over the world.
We’re looking for a Documentalist who has previous experience gathering, filing, recording, and ranking documents to manage the information flow. This role sits within our Location Based Experiences (LBE) team and will ensure information is more easily accessible and adaptable to new technology.
What will you be doing?
- Gather, sort, and file all design and technical documents, information, images, files, etc. that have been generated by LBE projects
- Take ownership of the implementation and the follow-up of procedure & the updating of file sharing systems between Wētā’s server, or other external servers and sites
- Assist the team members in updating documentation pertaining to projects (text documents, charts, CAD, concept design and others) and see to improving overall documentation gathering methods with project teams
- Take part in the implementation and functioning for data gathering and dissemination
- Manage and review appropriate status of all documentation as well as ensuring everyone has the correct access rights to documentation
What we’re looking for from you?
- Professional training in document management, secretariat, or IT.
- 3 + years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Understanding of image processing (Phtoshop, scanner, camera, CAD, etc.)
- Great interest in learning new computer applications.
- Work both independently and collaboratively in a production-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Documentation Management, Business Administration or equivalent
- Experience in show production or thorough knowledge of stage technologies is an asset
- Working in a manufacturing environment would be advantageous
We’re a fun, collaborative team, we look out for and support each other. Creative, down to earth, and inclusive, we welcome diversity, dogs and pretty much anything that makes for a better workday.
Sound like you? We are reviewing applications as they come in so please “Apply now”
For a copy of the Job Description or to find out more contact email@example.com