- Fast paced role, plenty of challenge & variety
- Fun, collaborative team that looks out for each other
- Growing, innovative, creative environment with remote working opportunities available
Wētā Workshop’s award-winning concept design and manufacturing facility has been making cool stuff for over 30 years, right here in Miramar, Wellington.
Applying our innovative artistry to the world’s creative industries we take on projects of any size, scope, or scale, from the earliest stages of creative development through to manufacture and delivery all over the world.
We’re looking for an experienced Draftsperson to work closely alongside the Art Directors. You will be required to draft the design concepts that are developed for a project from inception, and then sustain it all the way until completion. The role will be based within our Location Based Experiences (LBE) team and will be responsible for the preparation of drawings using Rhinoceros 3D and REVIT, and that those drawings conform to the specifications provided.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and prepare technical drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, and specifications
- Create 3-dimensional models for use by various departments and teams including LBE, Manufacture and external vendors.
- The role requires you to focus on all aspects of concept design, documentation and quality control
- Efficiently operate computer-assisted design and drafting workstations
- Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets based on current project and team needs
- Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Collate and maintain knowledge of building codes and building plans, applicable for our clients’ locations.
What we’re looking for from you?
- Minimum post-secondary diploma in drafting, architecture or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in REVIT, with some/equivalent experience in Rhino
- Good knowledge of drafting and construction practice and theory, as well as processes to ensure the compliance of project quality standards.
- Building and interior design concepts, practices, procedures, final documents, specifications, materials, and construction practices.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution
- Ability to create presentation drawings with perspectives
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the Film/TV/Gaming industry is preferred
We’re a fun, collaborative team, we look out for and support each other. Creative, down to earth, and inclusive, we welcome diversity, dogs and pretty much anything that makes for a better workday.
Sound like you? We are reviewing applications as they come in so please “Apply now”
Click here for a copy of the Job Description or to find out more contact email@example.com