- Help us develop cutting edge games across a variety of platforms within the Interactive division
- Fun, collaborative team that looks out for each other
- Be part of our ongoing lineage of producing high quality and polished worlds and experiences
Specialists in creating rich worlds of wonder and telling immersive stories. For over 30 years, Wētā Workshop has been pushing the boundaries, earning multiple awards for our ground-breaking work in film and games. Based in Wellington, NZ we work with the biggest names in the entertainment industry to deliver unforgettable experiences to our fans the world over.
We are currently looking for an exceptionally talented Game Producer to join our team in beautiful Wellington. The role will help us deliver our next PC and Console game project with a major worldwide IP that is very close to our hearts. Reporting to our Managing Director and working closely with the Lead Game Designer, you will be experienced with Scrum frameworks and work in an Agile mindset. Get in on the ground of this exciting next phase here in the Interactive team at Wētā Workshop!
What will you be doing?
- Assist in creating and maintaining the project schedule as well as derive various production metrics which can be used to accurately define key milestones and project dates.
- Promptly identify and resolve current and future blockers and cross-dependencies which may hinder efficient game development.
- Working closely with department leads and managers to prioritise development of critical gameplay systems and toolsets.
- Providing regular updates to senior stakeholders on project status and other critical project information.
- Creating and curating critical documentation, ensuring that all required information is current and easily accessible.
- Working with key internal stakeholders and project critical vendors to define long term roadmaps and production priorities.
What we’re looking for from you?
- Must have shipped at least one project as a Producer with a team of 5 or more.
- High proficiency and previous experience working with industry-standard project management tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Must have a knack for project planning, task tracking, estimation, and scheduling.
- Software skills – proficient Office 365 user, asset tracking software such as Shotgun and cloud-based file sharing systems.
- Excellent client-facing and internal stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Eye for detail, commitment to quality and accuracy to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest standards.
- A genuine passion for games, and a strong desire to elevate and innovate on existing genres.
We’re a fun, collaborative team, we look out for and support each other. Creative, down to earth, and inclusive, we welcome diversity, dogs and pretty much anything that makes for a better workday.
Sound like you? We are reviewing applications as they come in so please "Apply now"
Click here for the Job Description and for more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org